Collection of Personal Data
For the purpose of carrying on any operations or activities of HKPCA, such as joining HKPCA’s activities or making donations, you may be requested to supply personal information from time to time that may directly or indirectly identify you or other person(s) as an individual (“Personal Data”). The scope of Personal Data required from you may vary depending on the circumstances, in general, may include, but is not limited to:
1. Full name;
2. Contact details such as e-mail address, mailing and residential address, telephone number, and mobile number;
3. Information for identity verification, including identification documents and information (such as Hong Kong Identity Card or Hong Kong passport number), and other related information;
4. Billing information, including bank account, credit card information and details;
5. Demographic information, including age, gender, nationality, marital status, educational and professional background;
6. Areas of interest;
7. Image and voice, including photographs, video or audio recordings; and
8. Spouse and family information, including any of the above information.
HKPCA will provide a Personal Information Collection Statement on the document or webpage that collects Personal Data, to inform you of the purposes of collecting the data and classes of individuals to whom the data or any related information may be transferred. Supply of Personal Data to HKPCA is non-obligatory but failure to do so may result in HKPCA being unable to provide you with the relevant services or information.
You may need to provide Personal Data of other individuals (such as your spouse or children) to HKPCA. In order to comply with the Ordinance, you are required to have obtained the authorisation of such individuals before using, disclosing, and transferring their Personal Data, including giving consent on their behalf to HKPCA’s use, disclosure, and transfer of their Personal Data. If necessary, HKPCA may require you to provide any supporting documents in proving such authorisation. You should also advise them that HKPCA can be contacted for further information and inquiries.
Purposes of Collection of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes or any directly-related purposes:
1. Processing and assessing applications to programmes, activities, events, and services of HKPCA, including verifying the identity of applicants, assessing their suitability, and collecting statistical information from applicants;
2. Performing administration work related to the operations of HKPCA;
3. Promoting activities of HKPCA, by, among other methods, sending you newsletters or materials regarding programmes, activities, and events organised by HKPCA;
4. Collecting participants’ feedback and conducting analyses of programmes, activities, and events organised by HKPCA for future development purposes;
5. Processing donations and donation-related administration work, such as the issue of acknowledgement, receipts, payment collection notices, and donation records;
6. Meeting any obligations of HKPCA, or in connection with (a) any law, regulation, judgement, court order, or sanctions regime, within or outside Hong Kong; (b) any guidelines, demand or requests given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities within or outside Hong Kong; or (c) any of the rules or by-laws of HKPCA relating to its operations; and
7. Prevention, detection or investigation of crime.
HKPCA may also, from time to time, use non-identifying information we collected to promote and/or improve the activities we organise or services we offer, which will not particularly identify any individual.
For HKPCA’s marketing and promotion, we may send you various communications from time to time, including newsletters, event notices, and other announcements, through post or e-mail. Please also see “Direct Marketing” below.
HKPCA’s staff may take images of you and may publish them (with or without captions which may also include Personal Data) on HKPCA’s social media and/or communications for marketing or promotional purposes. Please contact HKPCA if you have any concerns or if you do not wish to have recorded images of you for distribution.
Subject to your consent, we may use your Personal Data for direct marketing carried out by us, and your Personal Data held by us may be provided to other entities for their use of direct marketing. The term “direct marketing” means the provision of marketing, advertising, and promotional information in relation to any charitable or non-profit-making causes or events, which may be offered or arranged by us or related third parties. It is our intention only to send you communications that you may want to receive. When you opt-in or do not opt-out from receiving promotional materials in any form in which we have collected your Personal Data with your consent, we will contact you regularly via post and/or e-mail.
For direct marketing purposes, we intend to use your name, contact details, and demographic information to market or promote events offered or arranged by us. We may not use your Personal Data for such purposes unless we have received your consent.
You can unsubscribe from all marketing communications. Every time you receive a mail or an e-mail from us, you will be provided with the choice to opt-out of future mails or e-mails by following the instructions provided therein. You may also opt-out by contacting us if you no longer wish any of your Personal Data to be used for any of the above direct marketing purposes without charge.
Disclosure of Personal Data
All Personal Data we collect will be kept confidential.
Where disclosure of Personal Data is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly-related purpose, for which the Personal Data was collected (please refer to “Purposes of Collection of Personal Data” above), we may provide, disclose, and transfer such Personal Data to:
1. Any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of HKPCA in respect of the purpose or a directly-related purpose for which the Personal Data was provided with;
2. The business partners of HKPCA for direct marketing use as described in “Direct Marketing” above;
3. Any financial institutions, including banks, necessary to establish and support the expenses, applications, deposits, refunds, and fundings of any activities or services organised or provided to you by HKPCA, or processing your donations;
4. Agents, contractors, suppliers, and any third party service provider who provides administrative, marketing and research, distribution, data processing,, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to HKPCA in connection with its operations; and
5. Government, regulatory authorities, and other organisations, as required by law and/or court order or in response to any legally valid inquiry, or otherwise necessary to the establishment of legal claims or defences, to obtain legal advice, or to exercise and defend HKPCA’s legal rights.
As HKPCA may release your Personal Data to a third party, HKPCA will take steps to prohibit such third parties from using it for any purpose other than the purpose specified in their respective contracts. Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, and processed in Hong Kong or other jurisdictions where the third parties are located or from which the third parties provide us services.
By submitting your Personal Data to HKPCA, you understand and consent to the transfer of such information as indicated above.
Retention of Personal Data
All Personal Data HKPCA collects will be only stored for a duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it is collected and for as long as permitted or required by the applicable law.
Data Security Measures
HKPCA is committed to protect the security of your Personal Data. Our staff are conscious of the importance of the privacy and protection of Personal Data. We intend to limit the number of individuals within HKPCA with access to the collected Personal Data to those who are directly involved in the process of organising activities or providing services to you.
Notification of Data Breach
In the unlikely event of a data breach, HKPCA will comply with any applicable laws and regulations which would require us to notify you of the disclosure of your Personal Data.
Third Party Websites
HKPCA understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy. HKPCA do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Data from persons who are under the age of 16 without prior consent from a parent or guardian.
Data Access, Correction Requests, and Other Enquiries
You have the right to request access to and correct your Personal Data held by us. We may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of such data access or correction requests.
If you wish to do so, please contact:
Hong Kong Photographic Culture Association
L7-20, Jockey Club Creative Arts Centre, 30 Pak Tin Street, Shek Kip Mei, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Contact: +852 2777 0955
Regarding your request to access or correct your Personal Data, we will require you to provide your identity proof to us for the protection of your Personal Data, which may include your identification document and correspondence address. Where a request is made, any correspondence may be kept and added to your Personal Data.
Please contact us if you have any privacy inquiries or concerns.
By using the internet service provided by HKPCA, you consent to your Personal Data being used in the manner set out above. You further consent to HKPCA using your Personal Data for the purposes as stated and for ancillary purposes.