RECRUITMENT: Curatorial Assistant
Hong Kong International Photo Festival (HKIPF) will see its 10th anniversary in 2020. In our next phase, we will continue taking a critical and visional role in terms of advancing the conversation about how images and visual culture shape our understanding of the world and ourselves.
For these new ventures, we are searching for a new team member in the following capacity:
You will work closely with Festival Curator and Project Managers to deliver all aspects of exhibitions. You will receive trainings and coaching in the following areas: conceiving and developing programmes, research, interpretation of exhibitions, marketing and PR, fundraising, education and outreach programming, and budgeting.
In this capacity, you will be responsible for:
● Assisting with the research, development, organisation, and implementation of exhibition projects;
● Coordinating and corresponding with external parties;
● Helping with the writing, editing, and researching of text materials related to the exhibition;
● Making logistics and hospitality arrangements;
● Providing clerical assistance on various projects;
● Scheduling internal and external meetings and appointments and prepare material as appropriate;
● Attending to talks, exhibition openings and other related events; Processing general exhibition enquiries; and
● Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
We are looking for candidates who are:
● Hong Kong permanent resident aged 18 or above;
● Holder of a recognised university degree obtained within the last 3 years, ideally with initial experience in exhibition or event administration;
● Familiarity with macOS, iWorks, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office;
● Excellent command of written and spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese Passionate about arts, culture and photography;
● Proactive, self-motivated, organised, detail-minded, and able to work independently; and
● Friendly, helpful, an effective team player with strong communication skills.
If you are interested, please submit a full CV with a covering letter stating the reasons of application, a review of around 500 words in English on a recent exhibition you visited, and relevant links to work portfolio to email@example.com to the attention of Mr. Cheuk, on or before 15 September 2019. All collected data will be used for recruitment purposes only and kept in strict confidence for 6 months.
The selected candidate will be offered a one-year contract, renewable subject to the candidate’s performance during the employment period.
HKIPF is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If you are a member of any under- represented communities, you are encouraged to self-identify, on either your covering letter or CV.
The position is part of the Arts Administration Internship Scheme. The Arts Administration Internship Scheme is supported by the Hong Kong Arts Development Council.
We look forward to receiving your applications.